You are here: Home > Our School » Breakfast Club
As of September 1st 2023, procedures for Breakfast Club will change. Welsh Government free Breakfast Clubs are funded by Newport City Council by a grant for 40 minutes.
The staff and governors at Pentrepoeth appreciate that the needs of parents here are not normally to provide their child with a free breakfast but to provide early supervision for them to drop their child at school in order for them to go to work earlier than the start of the school day.
We, therefore, are hoping to offer a solution to this potential problem to support our families;
1. Late Bird Breakfast Club
Free breakfast club and free supervision will be referred to as ‘Late Bird’ breakfast club and will operate from 8.20am – 9.00am. Last entry is at 8.30am. There will continue to be no admittance after this time as time is required to register and feed pupils before the school day.
2. Early Bird Breakfast Club
This will be available from 8.00am and will be charged at £1 for the 20 minutes until 8.20am.
1. All parents must register on ParentPay if you require a breakfast club place – Late or Early
2. Parents must book and pay a half term in advance via Parent Pay for Early Bird
3. No refunds will be given and monies cannot be carried over into the next half term.
4. If Ad Hoc days are needed then you must contact the school office.
5. Children are not supervised for Early Bird breakfast club before 8.00am and for Late Bird breakfast club between 8.00am and 8.20am and should not be on site before the appropriate starting time for safety reasons.
Sessions are now live on Parentpay to book up until 27th October 2023. When logged in to Parentpay, other items will be displayed, please select breakfast club and choose book sessions.
We have details of all allergies. If any new medical details arise parents must inform us.
If you need any help or clarification please contact the school office.
For breakfast children receive...
a bowl of cereal
a piece of toast
a piece of fruit
a drink of juice
When children have finished eating, they can play with the games and activities which are provided. At the end of breakfast club, pupils will be escorted to their classrooms in time for registration at 9.00am.